Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why, oh, why?

I've got plenty of Atheist friends on Facebook. Most reply when they feel engaged by the subject matter. Plenty of others post nothing but game requests and links to ridiculous stuff. Why is this? I post news articles about religion, politics, religion's conflicts with politics, rants and much more. Why is it that few friends have a word to say about those things?

I, on the other hand, post many responses to the articles and news briefs that I find interesting. Am I posting stuff that nobody cares about? Am I being too blunt for people's tastes? I would love some feedback. It's not about me looking for attention, I honestly wonder what my friends think.

I'm just tired of wasting my time. If nobody gives a shit, I will drop FB and cut out the stress that it sometimes causes me. I did fine before I found it, I like the friends that I have made. When folks admit that they are non-believers online and join a group or "friend" like people: aren't they looking for someone to converse with? Or at the very least, they want to read and comment on similar beliefs?

Give me a heads up if I need one, I'm just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment